Adobe Premier pro. worth it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Avatar of Connor Justice Norvell
Connor Justice Norvell on May 5, 2012 at 3:47 am

is it worth it to buy premier pro? or would you recommend another software?

O'Ryan McEntire on May 5, 2012 at 3:53 am

I would definitely recommend Adobe Premier. It’s a great program and I find it much more powerful than say FCP.

Plus it integrates amazingly with all of the other Adobe products, which makes workflows much easier.

Try out the 30 day demo. It may seem a little daunting at first but it’s super easy once you get a hang of the interface.

Take a look at this video:
http://vimeo.com/40407737

Connor Justice Norvell on May 5, 2012 at 4:12 am

I will! luckily i am a student, so i can get it for way cheap!
i also was excited for the jahshaka project. but they seem to be lacking.
so it looks like adobe is the way to go, especially with the integration of After Effects, for, like you said, a much easier work flow

Sam Gaddes on May 5, 2012 at 5:10 am

I personally am a HUGE AVID Media Composer fan, probably because it is what I learned on, but i just got a VAIO and it came with a version of Vegas, its different but its pretty cool.

Jesse on May 5, 2012 at 7:05 am

I would like to second the recommendation for premiere. I got it about a month or so ago, and it’s pretty awesome. It might just be me, but I found it very easy to catch on and get going.
Sam, why exactly do you like Avid? I recently started taking classes at my local college and everything there is Avid based. I was able to understand it and get a good grasp on it, but everything seems like a round about way of doing things compared to my experience with other software. ( premiere, vegas, fcp)

Connor Justice Norvell on May 5, 2012 at 4:29 pm

From what i’ve seen premiere is the way to go (for me).
but thats based off two things, first off, i have had a terrible experience with avid products (Like Pro tools).
not to mention the price tag comparison.
but yeah please explain what reason you have for choosing Avid over other products.
from what i can tell, everything is your first choice if its what you learned on.

Vince Garbarino on May 6, 2012 at 1:19 am

Adobe Products for the win! Go for it! I use it and am VERY satisfied!

Kiah Graham on May 8, 2012 at 3:37 am

Yes, I have been wondering the same thing. I think I will go with Premiere pro. Adobe products seem very solid and perfect for my type of editing!

Josiah Clark on May 8, 2012 at 5:27 am

I come from a background of Final Cut Express 4 as my first editing program, which I got back in 2008. I made the move to Adobe Premiere Pro after trying it out via the 30 day trial they had available, and the first thing that struck me about the program was how much simpler it made the process compared to FCE. As an example, in FCE, you have to render just about everything before you can edit it in real-time. In Premiere Pro, you never have to render unless you simply want to view your real-time edits at maximum quality, which most of the time is unnecessary. Additionally, once you get the hang of Premiere Pro, you’ll find it to be a very intuitive program. And if you can get the student edition, (preferably in Production Suite CS5,) you’ll save yourself a lot of money.

Connor Justice Norvell on May 8, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Thanks josiah!
I also (am currently) using fce4 and I dislike the workflow, among other things like the rendering. So I will definitely look into premiere pro more.
Luckily I am a student, so I’m going to get the new production premium for like $450 I think. Which is amazing.

Travis Salmi on May 10, 2012 at 3:49 am

I use Premiere Pro, and when I need to use any other Adobe products, it’s seamless. I can’t complain at all.

Marshall Maldonado on May 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I have a question about premiere. If I purchase adobe premiere elements 10 would I be able to edit Cinema DNG files?

Jacob Swart on August 2, 2012 at 2:16 am

Yes Absolutely!
I’ve Fallen in love with Adobe Products!

O'Ryan McEntire on August 2, 2012 at 11:24 am

Connor, (@4sevenfilms) You should look into the Student pricing for the adobe cloud package. $29 a month for the entire master suite and any updates or new programs they might add to the line.

Not too shabby!

matthew on August 2, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Make sure your computer can run it though. I find that in Premiere, previewing your work is a lot more tough than doing it in After Effects, where you can pre-render frames and then view it. But Premiere CS6 looks leaps and bounds better than the greatness that was Premiere CS5.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.