Blue Matter *Pre-Production

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
JUSTIN PHILLIPS on May 8, 2012 at 2:23 am

My name is Justin, (of Course as you can probably already tell by my screen name) I am an aspiring film maker and i am currently in the pre-production process of my new short film “Blue Matter”. Its a Science Fiction comedy, your typical homage to Classic drive-in B movies and i have done several rewrites on the script to weed out any plot wholes or unneeded scenes to ultimately provide what i feel to be the best outline for the project. I’m finding myself equipment ready and totally anxious to start shooting but the hardest part is finding the right actors and crew for the film. For instance I am desperately looking for a make up artist and its not the easiest role to fill. And Make up is an essential element to my film. I must have flesh eating looking zombies lol. Any ideas on where to look?

Travis Salmi on May 8, 2012 at 4:25 am

You can always try local beauty schools! Otherwise, depending on where you’re located, there might be something for filmmakers, actors, ect. is your area to chat, where it’s a mailing list/google group, or a forum. For example, in the Pacific Northwest, one mailing list is the NWFilm Callboard, which is just a google group. Hope this helps!

JUSTIN PHILLIPS on May 8, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Thanks, I haven’t thought of looking in Local beauty Schools. Consequently living in the kinda area i do its hard to find anyone with similar interests. But i have learned to make do for the most part. I appreciate the Call board to, that opened me up to a little bit more. When dealing with casting and looking for talent i have found it to be rather difficult looking online, for its hard to sift through the legitimate Sites and talent agencies from the non ones. Being Desperate has even brought me to craigslist posting adds looking for production help, which if i can add, it may work for some but ive only found others that scare me off lol.

Zdenek Ruzicka on May 8, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Hi Justin!

Travis replied with quite useful info there :) I’d just like to contribute with one little thing that might help with the Make Up Artist problem.

Don’t underestimate women. While they might be without proper education in that field, they are still quite powerful when it comes to the make up. I would try to ask a few of them around you and give them full idea what I’d expect of them, maybe you’d be surprised how well they could handle that :) I’ve seen girls/women without any education doing awesome stuff with make up, I mean they are using it quite frequently :) Probably more than we use our cameras, haha.

Hope to see Blue Matter in post-pro soon Justin! Looking forward to it.

Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.