Bored

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Gunner Willis on June 30, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I’m writing the first episode to this series I’m wanting to do, and I have everything storyboarded and planned out, but I’m stuck right now because I’m just so bored of the subject. I mean I want to do this and I think the series will be alot of fun/good learning experience. But I just can’t seem to get over this feeling of, “HEY MAKE IT BIGGER, MAKE IT MORE EXCITING, THIS ISN’T GOOD ENOUGH!”….should I bear through it, start over, what? I’m in a slump hahaha

Caleb Davies on July 1, 2012 at 11:00 am

If you think it’s still a good idea even after you strip away your script, I say totally go through with it! Because a good idea never really goes away. And I think your biggest block may be because its the first episode, so make sure you don’t try to overdo the pizazz in an attempt to attract people to your pilot, but don’t be afraid to make it fun. I find even the most serious of films usually are for the better when they don’t take themselves for works of art before they’re even released. And the urge to make it bigger and better is what James Cameron to do Avatar, so don’t suppress it! I guess I would say you should use that urge to find slightly more subtle ways to enhance your film aside from using up your special effects budget. That’s all I got. Good luck!

Ben on July 25, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I think you should bear through it, but rather than letting that thought attack your concept of the entire production in a vague way, I think you should harness it and put it into what you already have, and what really matters to you as a film maker. Don’t let it distract you. Instead, unleash it in a practical way. I don’t know what else to say. That may be easier said than done.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.