Cameras: Video

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Avatar of Logan Nicholas Long (thebamboopandaman)
Logan Nicholas Long (thebamboopandaman) on June 6, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I’m looking to buy a new camera, mainly for the use of filming. I have a budget of up to $1000, so I want to look for the best quality video and audio I can possibly get from one, as well as save as much money as possible. Being new to camera buying, I’m not exactly sure where or what to look for, and I’d accept as much advice and help as possible.

-Logan Long.

Jonathon Keeler on June 14, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Go for a Canon, because they are normally the best camera brand for video out there. I would recommend you purchase the Rebel EOS T3i or 600d. It is a good camera that you can buy for around $750-800 so you will still have money enough to buy some good lenses (which after all, can be more important than the camera body).

Jonathon Keeler on June 14, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Also, most cameras won’t have very good in-camera mics, so I would recommend you buy an external microphone, like the Rhode VideoMic. You could also go check out the Sound forum on this site for more info/ideas.

Avatar of Logan Nicholas Long (thebamboopandaman)
Logan Nicholas Long (thebamboopandaman) on July 3, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I’d like to get some more suggestions for a good camera, but my budget has decreased some.

Kurt Zhuang on July 28, 2012 at 1:57 am

It’s widely accepted right now the GH2 is the beast of choice. For about 800$ for the body (cheaper used), you can get quality much better than any Canon DSLR. I say this sorely as I own a 7D. But it’s the way of the world. Look it up :)

• This reply was modified 1969 days ago by Avatar of Kurt Zhuang Kurt Zhuang.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.