Computer for editing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Kevin Nguyen on June 11, 2013 at 1:05 am

I’m looking into buying a Macbook Pro with Retina Display to use for video editing. I’m really drawn in by the resolution it has as a notebook and how it is a very portable computer. However I’m not very knowledgable with computer hardware.

Should I get the 13″ or the 15″
Would the 13″ be able to handle software such as Final Cut Pro X, 7, or Adobe Premiere CS6? Also what about how it does not come with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, while the 15″ does?

O'Ryan McEntire on June 17, 2013 at 2:30 am

Hey Kevin,
Any reason you are looking to get a Macbook Pro over a PC? If you aren’t already a Mac guy, you can get a killer machine for half the price and the same resolution (Yes MacBook Retina isn’t the only High Density display out there)

If you are going to be editing on a notebook all the time you are going to appreciate the extra screen space. I’d say the 13″ might be on the small side.

Also the Nvidia card is going to give you a big speed boost with adobe products. Which are fast becoming the industry standard over FCX.

Kevin Nguyen on June 17, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Thanks! I really appreciate the answer. Also any computer you had in mind?

(I was looking at the Macbook Pro because I’m more of a Mac guy and need a laptop to take around in classes in college as well)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.