Free Software That May Surprise You

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
J.J. Petty on April 29, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Despite what many may tell you, there is free software out there that can get the job done, and – sometimes – get it done well.

I don’t really have the money to go out and buy cameras, computers, equipment, hardware or software; so, this means I need to find alternatives. Through my vast number of escapades into the world wide web, I’ve stumbled across free software and techniques that, although not always high quality, allow me to get relatively close. So, to keep moving on, I’m going to be attempting to give you all a list of nice works with which you may make…things…I guess…

The first (and probably only one I’ll bring up right now…) is a nice, free DAW called LMMS. Surprisingly underrated, mainly because of its open-source (and therefore slightly buggy) nature, this piece of software is essentially a free version of FL Studio. It’s loaded with presets and a small amount of instruments that are easy to mess around with to get the sound you want – as far as synths go. However, if you do want a more realistic sound, you are capable of loading VSTi’s into LMMS. Now, VSTi’s – virtual instruments – are also a not-so-cheap bit of software, but I know just the place to remedy that problem as well. A very nice guy by the name of DSK releases free VST plugins that work perfectly with LMMS.

So, go ahead and check out both LMMS and DSK’s VST library at the links below:

LMMS

DSK Music

O'Ryan McEntire on May 5, 2013 at 3:45 am

Nice Finds J.J.!

I’m going to have to play with these!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.