Golf Swing Slow-Mo Shot

Viewing 1 post
markie mark on July 3, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Alright my fellow film buffs, I am in need of some advice from your brilliant minds..

The company I work for is looking to do a 30 sec intro for a website for a local professional golfer…let’s call him ‘Puma Forrest’ for privacy purposes We’ve squeezed our collective creative juices and have a few awesome ideas.

What we want to accomplish is an extreme slow-motion shot of Puma swinging his golf club, and making contact with the ball. All the while catching this single fluid motion from different angles, with the hopes of ending the shot of a low angle close up of the golf ball coming directly at the camera, and transitioning into some GFX.

My question to you guys, is what would be the most effective/safest way to achieve this cinematography…

We are fortunate enough to have access to some DSLRs and maybe even some REDs. What we were thinking is positioning the cameras at a profile angle, frontal angle, and a low angle at the height of the ball at the point of impact of the ball “hitting” the camera.

We are going to bump the FPS to at least 60 on the DSLRs, and the RED up to 300. And we were thinking about placing a piece of plexiglass in front of the bottom camera for obvious protection.

What do you guys think? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 post

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.