How to start Blending!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
J.J. Petty on June 17, 2012 at 12:57 am

I’ve noticed quite a lot of people of talking about Blender out here so in the event that anyone wanted to get started using it, but weren’t sure how to go about it, this is one guide to the 3d Design portion of Blender that I found quite helpful in learning the basics and the UI.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro#Table_of_Contents

J.J. Petty on June 17, 2012 at 12:58 am

Haven’t quite yet gotten to the advanced portions…

O'Ryan McEntire on June 17, 2012 at 2:29 am

awesome! Thanks for that resource!

Ben on July 10, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I’m looking forward to when the Blender team improves its purposes for film making. Their latest project, codenamed “Mango,” maintains Blender’s mission to increase usability in professional applications. Specifically, Mango will be live action, and they’re bringing lots of attention towards photo realism and live-film integration.

“More importantly, the team will challenge Blender itself to the max, inspiring the developer community to prove Blender is ready for feature quality VFX production. Special attention will be spent on motion tracking, color pipelines, Global Illumination render, grading and masking, and just ensure the Blender 2.6x series keeps being well tested and improved.”

Blender is also improving as a general tool for movie post-production, all though the learning curve is steep. It already has partially-functional features for general video editing (extending beyond VFX).

J.J. Petty on July 13, 2012 at 8:01 am

Personally, after watching Sintel, I want to see what their going to do with the mixture of live-action and 3d with Mango. Blender has gone leaps and bounds past where it was a few years back.

Another, non-Blender-team made project, that I’m looking forward to is Project London. It’s remarkably similar but the guy who does the effects for is an absolute Blender wizard!

“Project London is an independently produced, science-fiction, action-adventure, effects movie. Made by Volunteers! Almost no Budget! Blender open-source 3D Software used to create animated elements! 774 Visual Effects!”

http://projectlondonmovie.com/

Ben on July 22, 2012 at 4:35 pm

The guys (and girls) working on Mango are from the Blender foundation itself. They push the engineering team to develop new tools and always work with Blender’s state of the art. Of course, they’re some of the best smoothy chefs out there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.