Magic Lantern on the 60D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Jonathan Shank on September 10, 2012 at 5:01 pm

So I have a few questions about Magic Lantern. I’m going to wait until I finish the “For Dummies” book on my camera to consider using it as I don’t even know what half of the utility does but I had some questions about installing it.

I don’t see the autoexec.bin file and it says it needs one to be able to run?

Basically, I was wondering if anyone has an easy(er) instruction to install this software.

I’m sure that once you do it it’s not that complex but O’Ryan said I need to follow the instructions to the letter to ensure I don’t damage the camera and I don’t fully understand the instructions so I was wondering if someone could clarify.

Jonathan Shank on September 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm

and When you uninstall it does everything go back to normal? (Like would I need to turn AGC back on or will it do that by itself? Don’t worry I know AGC sucks I’m just curious about my settings.)

O'Ryan McEntire on May 5, 2013 at 8:20 pm

So, you aren’t actually installing anything on your camera. Instead you are turning on a secret setting inside your camera’s firmware to run firmware off the card.

If magic lantern is on your card then your camera will run it. If you don’t want to run ML any more, just format your card with your camera deselecting the “keep magic lantern” checkbox and your camera will run with the default firmware and no ML additions. If you wish to revert back to factory settings you can just download and install Canon’s official firmware for your camera.

The best instructions are really the ones on the site. Just go through them slow.

Maybe watch a video of someone going through the process first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF84IExoyDc

Installations instructions:
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install

O'Ryan McEntire on May 5, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Also, just to be clear, you do not need Magic Lantern on your 60D for manual audio controls or audio meters. the 60D already has both of these built in standard.

If you can control the Audio Gain manually then that means the Automatic Gain Control (AGC) is not active. The two are mutually exclusive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.