Most Annoying Mediocre Acting Techniques

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Amy Jarvis on July 27, 2012 at 7:12 pm

[*Disclaimer* I know, it's not always the actors who are at fault]

Hi, I’m new to the forums, and I thought I’d start of with a little negativity.
JK. But really, have you even noticed those common acting techniques that are basically cover-ups actors use? Here’s a few I’ve noticed:

The Stutter — To show the absolute realism of a emotionally stirred character. It makes him so human and natural!

Angry Acting — How do we know there’s a problem? Because everything makes him yell.

The Cheese Smile — This one always makes me barf. I’m not explaining it further.

Hand Acting… (Hacting?) — Whether it’s a gasp, a squeal of delight, or a conversation involving the nose-snivelling news that papa isn’t going to make it, hands play a vital role in bad acting. How will someone know you’re about to faint unless you whack that wrist to the forehead?

Vince Garbarino on August 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm

How do you mean? Wouldn’t a good actor who does the things you listed pull it off well? Or are you trying to encourage to work on said things because those four are bad ticks people fall back to when acting?

Amy Jarvis on August 2, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I’m just wondering if anyone else notices the ticks, and I find it entertaining to list them.

Vince Garbarino on August 2, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Ah yes! Well hey, I used to be that kid who was told to over-emphasize on my acting skills and after maturing and growing that skill, I look bad and yes, all those ticks I have done. Especially the “over-emphasis” on everything! It really comes down to how clear your brain is and how comfortable you are in front of a camera! Theres always that “red-light syndrome” haunting you! :P

Amy Jarvis on August 2, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Oo I know. Even recording a vblog can get the jitters up.

Vince Garbarino on August 2, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I feel like when I do vlogs, someone dosed me or drugged me and like my mouth is numb when I watch me talk to the camera! haha It is hilarious!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.