New to Editing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Jaden Moon on August 21, 2012 at 7:16 pm

As a beginner, i don’t know what kind of Applications i should get. I have an Aspire one ACER laptop with the only thing i can use for this kind of stuff is Celtx (and that’s just for scriptwriting). Is there any kind of free editing applications that are easy to use for the 15 year old mind? I’m going into this blind, I honestly have no idea how to edit, or what to use. I have no money that i can use on this, But i’m doing this merely for the experience, but i do think i need some editing applications.

J.J. Petty on August 23, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Most of the free software out there is tough to figure out, BUT you can still find plenty of online tutorials to help you achieve what you want. Even though it’s only good for home video projects, don’t be afraid to use programs like Windows Movie Maker in tandem with other software.

Jahshaka and WAX, slightly intimidating pieces of ware, can be used along with WMM to achieve things like green screening and other VISUAL effects. (Jahshaka doesn’t handle audio well, so you’d have to use WMM for that.)

For music, you can use a sweet program called Sony ACID XPress 7. Every week, Sony hands out loops that you can collect and use to create songs.

• This reply was modified 1704 days ago by Avatar of J.J. Petty J.J. Petty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.