Post Production Overall

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Jack Curtin on May 29, 2012 at 10:56 am

So I know the topic is really broad, but I really want to start making all these film ideas into actual films this summer. However, my background is in acting, directing, and writing, so I have no idea how to do any of the post production. Is there anyone who can give me a general checklist of sorts or guide so I know I’m covering everything I need concerning post production in order to make a quality film? Thanks! :)

Jared Charles Choate on June 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Well, that depends on what kind of film you are planning on making. If you simply want to make a quality film, I would focus on improving things like camera movement and making the motion smooth, maybe adding black bars on he top and bottom for a widescreen effect (depending on if you like that or not), and sound. Now if you mean stuff like visual effects and making the video look cool with things like fire, explosions, teleportation, energy waves etc., it would depend on what kind of editing software you use. Hope that at least somewhat helps.

Jack Curtin on June 7, 2012 at 1:46 am

Oh, so it’s all relative to your own prerogative? Okay, that’s good to know. Haha I’m still learning the ropes at all of this and thanks for the help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.