[resolved] Profile Details UX

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Austin Lindgren on May 5, 2012 at 12:37 am

I guess this would be the best place, but it’s more of a suggestion than a feature request. Before I start, you’ll need this image:

http://austinlindgren.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Capture.png

Alright, now firstly, I think the “Interests” section would be better suited to a field of checkboxes rather than the current means of selection. Many people don’t know how to select multiple options in those type of selection boxes, so it’s much more simple for the average individual to figure out and it poses less of a hassle.

Secondly, for the vimeo and youtube, I think you should add a link before the textbox, so it would look like:

http://www.youtube.com/ [Insert textbox here]

Some people like me don’t know whether to include the full address or just the username, so that’ll make a clear indication that it’d just be the username.

And lastly, I would suggest not having a Misc forum. I’ve spent my last 6 years on forums and eventually everyone just starts posting EVERYTHING in the Misc forum. But just my opinion, I’m only one man :P Peace!

O'Ryan McEntire on May 5, 2012 at 1:42 am

Hey Austin, I split your suggestions to their own topic.

Those are good suggestions.
The interests combo box has been of some discussion over here. We will probably be looking to redo it at some point soon. I agree that many people don’t understand how to use it.

I think I will be specifying in the subtext on the youtube and vimeo fields that we mean the entire URL. As I think just the username or ID would be just as confusing to some. plus in the future we are looking at pulling in a live stream of conent from both of these sites to the user profiles. This way you can showcase your own stuff on your profile.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘[resolved] Profile Details UX’ is closed to new replies.