Training Your Friends Into Actors

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Amy Jarvis on July 27, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Oooh yeah… grab a brother or sister and pay them off with candy ^^

No really, you’re absolutely right. Good PA’s are so necessary

matthew on August 2, 2012 at 5:29 pm

A happy actor is a good actor. Food and drinks are key. Also, taking a break from filming is good too, just to let them relax and let loose some of the energy they have so they can focus better on the film. I am also 15 and struggle with actors, and really you’re just going to need to make them feel as comfortable as possible when in front of the camera.
Pizza and Coke = Happy actors.

Mark DeMaria on August 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm

If you think about it logically, acting is simply acting naturally and convincingly in the role you gave the actor in front of the camera.

Now think of it this way: In real life, everyone is perfectly natural because they’re themselves. Everyone can “act” by simply being themselves. They don’t need to mold themselves into another form. If you take that idea and fashion a character to the actors you have at your disposal, you’ll probably get better results. What I’m saying is write the role for who you have. It’s about putting the right person in the right situation.

For example, if you wanted a smart, clever, sarcastic, cynical, teenage male, then you’d write the character to be me.

Obviously film makers want to craft elaborate characters and plots but sometimes, and often at our level, this isn’t possible, so we have to literally write what we know, to fit the mold of people that we know.

Jacob Willis on August 14, 2012 at 1:20 am

I’m sixteen years old and was in the same position your in. The easiest way to find actors is to go to a theatre. If you have a local theatre near you, it is easy to get involved. Once your involved you’ll find excellent actors everywhere you turn. 90% of my actors come from plays I’ve done with them at theatre.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.