Writing a new screenplay- EXTREMELY low budget

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Sage Youngstreich on May 9, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Hi y’all,

I’m Sage and I’m new here but this is not the first screenplay I have written.
My screenplay is set in the year 1997, and it’s about two high school misfits- a Goth girl and a KMFDM fanboy- who go on an odyssey through various people’s lives during spring break about three months after a tornado hits their town.

With that said, I am still working on it. But I was just wondering: what are some good steps towards setting a film in another decade oriented towards capturing its zeitgeist- with a budget of $0.00? (We have to use what we have on hand now.)

Sorry if my question is too vague and thanks y’all!

Matthew Pryor on May 17, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I havent made any movies yet though i am working on one, but i can say that story alone could easily be a low budget movie and still be good, only reason mine isnt low budget is because of its whole set up and the story. But for something like that i would say it could still be good and low budget! Just as long as you have the camera i think it would work out. It all depends on what is going to happen in the story. Movies that have fighting in them well obviously you would need guns and whatever else is needed to make it happen and that there is that. So it really just depends on the story. Anyway, best of luck to you, hope this helped! :)

Anthony Carter on June 10, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Yard sales are going to contain a lot of stuff that people bought in the 90′s and are trying to get rid of for super cheap. And hey, look, it’s yard sale season!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.